The financial advice market in the United Kingdom has undergone significant changes in recent years, with increasing M&A activity of financial advice businesses. Based on analysis of acquisitions between Q1 2021 and Q1 2023, this report provides an overview of the market for financial advice business acquisitions, including drivers, trends, and profiles of the major consolidators and aggregators.
This report forms part of NextWealth’s research and insight on the financial advice market. In addition to market reports, NextWealth offers bespoke and board reports on the adviser market and distribution landscape and hosts regular live events.
Email email@example.com for further information.
Who this report is for?
This market report is intended for people in strategy, proposition, distribution and marketing roles in asset management firms, platforms and DFMs. It can also be used by investors and acquirers to understand the market dynamics and the strategy of the major acquirers. The report can be used by:
- DFMs to ensure strategic partnerships are in place with acquirers and to understand the risk when an acquisition of an existing client takes place.
- Asset managers to understand the investment proposition of acquirers, to fine tune distribution strategy and to better understand the ambition of acquirers.
- Platforms to prioritise strategic partnerships, understand risk when financial advice firm supporters are acquired, develop strategies to support acquirers with a better understanding of priorities and define strategies to mitigate risk.
- Financial advice businesses to understand the profile and motivation of acquirers.
- Private equity firms and consolidators to identify takeover targets and to understand the needs of this changing market.
The results presented in this report are based on:
- NextWealth analysis of public transaction details over the last three years
- Interviews with 15+ acquiring firms
- Acquisition data from 44 individual firms covering 166 deals
- Surveys of financial advice professionals
- NextWealth knowledge and insight based on our on-going work in the retail wealth market
The Consolidators & Aggregators Report is available as a one-off purchase. To find out more get in touch or complete the form on the right to download a sample.